Sunday, May 6, 2012

5-5-12 Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo - the 5th of May.  That day holds special memories for me and I always celebrate the day, even if it's a quiet celebration.

Seven years ago, on May 5, 2005, I found out I was pregnant with my boy.  What a day that was!  I didn't know whether to be happy or sad!  I was 40 years old and not married to the baby's father.  I knew that I could raise him on my own and I would provide him with enough love that he would not miss his father.  Happily, his father did want him and there was never any question as to what would happen.  We moved in together and have been a loving, happy family ever since! Little did I know how my life would change or how I would welcome and embrace that change!  To me, my life is perfect and I've never been happier!

I photographed a wedding today and my son attended the wedding.  Naturally I took some of him.  He is so handsome!
Isn't he handsome!
He's a natural at being dressed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment