Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's All So Basic...

If you really think about it, it's all basic.  To save money - you just don't spend, to quit smoking - you just don't light up, to lose weight - you just - hmmm, that's where it get complicated.  Or so it seems.

To lose weight you must use more calories than you consume, right?  Right.  So, for me to lose weight I have to eat less and exercise more.  But how do I do that?  How can I get happy with myself?  By making one change a day.

Today I walked on the treadmill for about 20 minutes and then danced for 25 minutes.  That was fun.  But, on a daily basis, do I have time to do that EVERY DAY?  I don't have a choice.  Well, I do but you know what I mean.

So, for getting back to the basics of this...yesterday at the daycare I put in a DVD for the little ones to watch.  As I watched and sang along I realized that it really is basic!  I can do "Elmocize" with the kids and get at least 30 minutes of exercise at the daycare and then do the dance and treadmill at night when I'm at home.

Hooray for Elmocize!!!
So, I think this is going to be cute and fun and maybe, just maybe, I can lose the 55 pounds that I need to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment