Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Monday

Normally my Mondays are awful!  I go to work at 9 a.m. and do paperwork.  I make out the schedule for the week and then count my inventory.  At some point, after the schedule is posted, someone says, "Oh, I have to be off on...".  Couldn't you put that date on the calender BEFORE I make the schedule? 

After doing all that I have a regular day (is there any such thing?).  Then, at 10 pm, I close the store and do all the end of the day paperwork.  After that I have to finish the enventory.  I normally get to leave the store between 11 and 11:30 pm.  It's a very long day.

Yesterday I took a break.  I left the store and picked my son up from summer camp.  When I started back to work the clouds were getting thick.  I remember looking toward the mountains and thinking, "I sure hope some of that rain makes it to us."  We need rain!  I've never liked the rain or cold weather.  This year, I can't wait for winter!!!!  It has been so hot and dry!

Anyway, I stopped on the side of the road and took a picture of Hog Back Mountain from the area called Ingleside.  My most favorite view!  I took a picture of the rain on my windshield - cliche, I know, but pretty.

After that, I went back to work.  We got some of the rain, not a lot but better than nothing.  Later in the evening I stepped outside and got a nice surprise.

I know that a rainbow is God's promise that he will not destroy the world with water again.  When I saw this rainbow over my work I felt that it was a promise that Monday's won't always be so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment