Sunday, July 24, 2011

Reflections of the Past, Reality of My Life

Today Sean, Mark and I went on a road trip.  We haven't done that in so long!  Anyway, we ended up in Union, SC and found the lake where Susan Smith drowned her two children - Michael and Alex.  I remember this happening after I moved to Florida and I remember feeling sad about the boys and ashamed that I was born and raised in the same state as the "mother".  Today I took photos of Michael and Alex's memorial stone.  My son was standing in front of the memorial and I caught his reflection in the stone.  It was a moment I won't soon forget.  I was not a mother when Susan Smith killed her children but 5 1/2 years ago I became one.  I still can not comprehend how a mother could do that to her children!  I have more of a problem with it now that I have my own son.



May Michael and Alex Smith rest in peace and may my son, Sean, never know a day of harm in his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment